- Author: Andrew M. St. Laurent
- Format: PDF
- Price: free
Licensing is a major part of what open source and free software are all about, but it’s still one of the most complicated areas of law. Understanding Open Source and Free Software Licensing explains your licensing options, how they compare and interoperate, and how license choices affect project possibilities.
If you’re an open source/free software developer, this book is an absolute necessity.
- Open Source Licensing, Contract, and Copyright Law
- The MIT, BSD, Apache, and Academic Free Licenses
- The GPL, LGPL, and Mozilla Licenses
- Qt, Artistic, and Creative Commons Licenses
- Non-Open Source Licenses
- Legal Impacts of Open Source and Free Software Licensing
- Software Development Using Open Source and Free Software Licenses