- Author: Mark Watson
- Format: archived PDF and example code
- Price: free
This Open Content book covers AI programming techniques using Java.
The latest version has a completed new chapter on statistical natural language processing and a new section on embedded expert systems, and a new chapter on spam detection.
This is not the original book written for Morgan Kaufman Publishers. This book contains all new material.
- Search – graph search, and alpha-beta search in tic-tac-toe and chess
- Natural Language Processing – a simple ATN parser that uses a huge lexicon derived from Wordnet data, material NLBean project, and an embedded Prolog parser (includes Sieuwert van Otterloo’s fine Prolog implementation in Java).
- Expert systems – two simple examples using the Jess system
- Genetic algorithms – Java utility classes and two examples
- Neural Networks – utility classes for Hopfield and back propagation. Only includes simple examples to show how to use the utility classes.
- Statistical Natural Language Processing (Markov Models)
- SPAM Email detection