- Author: Borland/CodeGear
- Format: archived PDF
- Price: free
This is a zip file containing 3 PDF’s of the C++ Builder 6 Developers Guide, Object Pascal Language Guide, and Quick Start product documentation.
A CodeGear Developer Network membership is needed in order to download the .zip file. Registration is free.
- Author: John Barrow
- Format: online HTML
- Price: free
This course uses Delphi to teach object orientation. Delphi’s roots lie in Pascal, and so it has a sound, structured foundation. It is also strongly object oriented and provides many OO characteristics such as class inheritance, static binding and dynamic binding, and reference semantics.
The module makes extensive use of graded, worked examples to give students hands-on experience in the implementation of OO code. This helps to bridge the gap between the seemingly simple OO principles and the ramifications of these principles in practice. Through the inductive sequencing of concepts and through the extensive use of worked examples, this module strongly supports independent study, and has been prepared with distance learning students in mind.
- Introduction to OO basics
- Introduction to class inheritance
- Programmer defined classes and objects
- Accessing an object and its data
- The Sender parameter and substitution
- Introducing type inheritance
- Using and abusing inheritance
- Association & Composition
- Two Patterns Using Composition
- Some Patterns for varying behaviour
- Bidirectional links, Callbacks and Linking Classes
- Factory Patterns
- A Decorator