- Author: Charles Petzold
- Format: XPS, PDF
- Price: free
This is the second “draft preview” of a longer ebook that will be completed and published later this year. That final edition will be brilliantly conceived, exquisitely structured, elegantly written, delightfully witty, and refreshingly free of bugs, but this draft preview is none of that. It is very obviously a work-in-progress.
The first “draft preview” of this book was created in time for the Microsoft MIX conference in March 2010.
This one is issued in conjunction with VSLIve in Redmond on August 2–6.
Even with this book’s defects and limited scope, I hope it helps get you started in writing great programs for Windows Phone 7.
- Part I The Basics
- Chapter 1 Hello, Windows Phone 7
- Chapter 2 Getting Oriented
- Chapter 3 An Introduction to Touch
- Chapter 4 Bitmaps, Also Known as Textures
- Chapter 5 Sensors and Services
- Chapter 6 Issues in Application Architecture
- Part II Silverlight
- Chapter 7 XAML Power and Limitations
- Chapter 8 Elements and Properties
- Part III XNA
- Chapter 20 Principles of Movement
- Chapter 21 Textures and Sprites
- Chapter 22 Touch and Play