- Author: Bruno R. Preiss
- Format: online HTML
- Price: free
Create sound software designs with data structures that use modern object-oriented design patterns!
Author Bruno Preiss presents the fundamentals of data structures and algorithms from a modern, object-oriented perspective.
The text promotes object-oriented design using Ruby and illustrates the use of the latest object-oriented design patterns. Virtually all the data structures are discussed in the context of a single class hierarchy.
This framework clearly shows the relationships between data structures and illustrates how polymorphism and inheritance can be used effectively.
- Algorithm Analysis
- Asymptotic Notation
- Foundational Data Structures
- Data Types and Abstraction
- Stacks, Queues, and Deques
- Ordered Lists and Sorted Lists
- Hashing, Hash Tables, and Scatter Tables
- Search Trees
- Heaps and Priority Queues
- Sets, Multisets, and Partitions
- Garbage Collection and the Other Kind of Heap
- Algorithmic Patterns and Problem Solvers
- Sorting Algorithms and Sorters
- Graphs and Graph Algorithms
- Ruby and Object-Oriented Programming
- Class Hierarchy Diagrams
- Character Codes