- Author: Wikibooks, the open-content textbooks collection
- Format: HTML
- Price: free
Microsoft QuickBasic and QBasic are very popular programming languages for beginners. While its lack of power makes it unsuitable for many of today’s applications, it is an invaluable learning tool.
The book is a work in progress, and there may be incomplete or missing chapters.
- Text Output: Learn to control text based output.
- Basic Input: Get input from a users.
- Basic Math: Shows the proper method of performing basic calculations in QBasic.
- Flow Control: This section shows how to control the flow of a program.
- Advanced Input: Get more accurate and real time input from users.
- Subroutines and Functions: Explores the uses of Subroutines and Functions in QBasic.
- Arrays and Types: Introduction to data structures in QBasic.
- Files: Read and write to files allowing for data storage.
- Sound: Use the computer to make noises and incorporate them into output.
- Graphics: Draw images on the screen
- Advanced QBasic: Incorporate many of the concepts into larger programs.
- Advanced Graphics: Store images, recall images and generate seamless animation.
- 3D Graphics: Explore 3D equations in QBasic.
- What Next: Where to go from here.