- Author: James Foxall and Wendy Haro-Chun
- Format: HTML
- Price: free
This book provides readers with 24 structured lessons that provide a light, but thorough introduction to C#. The author moves beyond the pure syntax covered in existing books, to guide readers step-by-step through a cohesive presentation of the basics of C#.
Once the basics are understood, he shows the reader how to apply this knowledge to real-world Windows programming tasks using C#.
Each chapter contains exercises that reinforce the lessons learned. Tips, Notes, and Cautions provide additional advice from the authors on how to get up to speed and programming quickly with C#.
Sidebars provide the more experienced reader with tips that will ease their migration from Visual Basic 6 and Visual C++ to C#.
- Hour 1. A C# Programming Tour
- Hour 2. Navigating C#
- Hour 3. Understanding Objects and Collections
- Hour 4. Understanding Events
- Hour 5. Building Forms Part I
- Hour 6. Building Forms Part II
- Hour 7. Working with the Traditional Controls
- Hour 8. Advanced Controls
- Hour 9. Adding Menus and Toolbars to Forms
- Hour 10. Drawing and Printing
- Hour 11. Creating and Calling Methods
- Hour 12. Using Constants, Data Types, Variables, and Arrays
- Hour 13. Performing Arithmetic, String Manipulation, and Date/Time Adjustments
- Hour 14. Making Decisions in C# Code
- Hour 15. Looping for Efficiency
- Hour 16. Debugging Your Code
- Hour 17. Designing Objects Using Classes
- Hour 18. Interacting with Users
- Hour 19. Performing File Operations
- Hour 20. Controlling Other Applications Using Automation
- Hour 21. Working with a Database
- Hour 22. Deploying a Solution
- Hour 23. Introduction to Web Development
- Hour 24. The 10,000-Foot View