- Author: Harold Abelson, Gerald Jay Sussman, Julie Sussman
- Format: online HTML
- Price: free
An excellent computer science text used in introductory courses at MIT. So called because of the wizard on the jacket. One of the bibles of the LISP/Scheme world. Also, less commonly, known as the Purple Book.
from The New Hacker’s Dictionary, 2nd edition
(MIT Press, 1993)
On the site you will find the full text of the book, sample programming assignments, source code, and free implementations of the MIT Scheme programming environment.
- Building Abstractions with Procedures
- Building Abstractions with Data
- Modularity, Objects, and State
- Metalinguistic Abstraction
- Computing with Register Machines
- List of Exercises
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon links appearing on this website.