- Author: Al Sweigart
- Format: PDF, online HTML
- Price: free ($25 for paperback version)
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python is a free book that teaches you how to program in the Python programming language. Each chapter gives you the complete source code for a new game, and then teaches the programming concepts from the example.
It was written to be understandable by kids as young as 10 to 12 years old, although it is great for anyone of any age who has never programmed before.
This second edition has revised and expanded content, including using the Pygame library to make games with graphics, animation, and sound.
- Installing Python
- The Interactive Shell
- Guess the Number
- Dragon Realm
- Using the Debugger (new!)
- Flow Charts
- Tic Tac Toe
- Cartesian Coordinates
- Caesar Cipher
- AI Simulation
- Graphics and Animation
- Collision Detection and Input
- Sound and Images
- Differences between Python 2 and 3
- Statements, Functions, and Methods Reference
- Running Python Programs Without Python Installed
- Common Error Messages in Python